Tuesday 11 August 2009

Tips galore

I never thought APA should have a monopoly on being right when it comes to providing solutions to PAs problems and was delighted when one of our Members suggested another website when offering advice on the Forum. Being nosy I had to have a look myself and liked what I saw. I believe in business you need to know your ‘competitors’ and, where possible, work with them to improve the market for everyone to trade in (Look for the PA Tip below).

I was thrilled when Marguerita King of personal-assistant-tips.com
and I made contact, met to discuss common ground, immediately hit it off and have now decided to work together. She brings a host of experience to the table, having worked as a PA at the highest level across a broad commercial spectrum and within Government, and recognises, as APA does, that PAs are essential players in effective organisations.

Of her own site Marguerita says, “It is often the case that the boss will ask his PA to do a task that is outside her knowledge base, so I created my site to assist PAs looking for answers. The articles cover a broad spectrum of topics that PAs may want to investigate further, topics like internet marketing, website building and instructions for creating a press release. With over 25 years secretarial/PA experience, with the latter years spent as a graduate PA, I am well aware of the challenges PAs face in today's job market, and the issues affecting mature PAs. I hope I can bring a new dimension to the APA and its thinking.”

Marguerita will undoubtedly pop up in a number of different APA guises (sage, mentor, blogger, trainer and even guest speaker) but we all look forward to working with her.

Check out her site at: http://www.personal-assistant-tips.com/


Gareth

1 comment:

tina holden, galaxy finance said...

ive looked at p-a-tips before and thought it was very useful. there are some well written bits and pieces on it and worth visiting. good to see apa is working with them.