Wednesday 17 April 2013

We're back!


The APA website is live again. Not fully, and it is not the full re-launch, but the technology is up and finally under operational testing as we speak. Members can’t yet get in as we will be sending them all new entry details but it’ll happen in the next 10 days. It’s time to draw breath, recover posture, regain our composure and start again. It feels like one of those unbelievable American disaster movies where the heroes XXXX wide-eyed into the brave new world after the nuclear/alien/viral attack (choose any one). Excuse the melodrama but I’ts been quite a ride!

I would of course like to thank each and every APA Member for being so tolerant. We have had nothing but message of support, massive understanding and sympathy and warmest wishes from you all. To Sarah from Norwich who sent flowers on our lowest day, thank you , you saved us all..

In truth, we did have a few who mumbles and grumbles but we apologised (which we do to everyone) and hoped they will stick with us.

 To vent my spleen I have to share with you all my feelings:

“In my time I’ve been cast adrift in the treacherous and icy-cold Atlantic (and I can’t swim), I’ve had two engines fail on a two engine aeroplane and had a brain tumour but none was as gut-wrenchingly scary and beyond my control as the hacking of our system was. It amounted to total violation of our business – it must pale against personal violation but it makes me even more sympathetic. I have nothing but rage and violent imaginings for the perpetrator of this heinous commercial sabotage.  Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but soon are for the rest of their lives we will work to find out who did it (or commissioned it).”

To all those new members who still chose to join when we told them the website was down and all those wonderful people who found a route to booked training and qualification courses, well done. Now we take no prisoners.
 
APA

No comments: