Friday 14 January 2011

Training Boom


APA (the Association of Personal Assistants) has started 2011 with training bookings soaring for the months ahead. In January alone over 50 PAs are booked to attend APA supported programmes and interested is also growing for it’s newly launched ‘APA Accredited’ scheme for company in-house training.

APA Director General, Gareth Osborne, said: “This is the busiest start to a year for APA so far and we already have places booked on courses throughout the year but this shouldn’t put anyone off from applying. We are extremely versatile and will put on additional course on where demand is high and even bring in extra quality trainers. I am pleased to see that the public sector is not significantly cutting training for its PAs; but I recognise this might be at the expense of other savings elsewhere. The APA Diploma (DipPA) is the most popular programme and, as it serves to give a prior learning exemption for the PA Degree, and adds to greatest value for a PAs career path.”

Shown left are the latest PA attendees (L:R): Esther Burke, Emmanuelle Waters, Chrystal Nagle, Stephanie Young, Rosie Coomber, Jade Mayer and Nargis Awan (actually HR).

For more details about APA training and qualifications visit http://www.paprofessional.com

APA

1 comment:

Julie Oswald FAPA said...

I did the Diploma course over 12 months ago and it was the best thing I could have done at the time. It was tough (especially the 'homework' but it was packed full of useful information and tools; which have helped me grow in my job since. I think I'm happier now because I can help my Boss more and he has definitely given me more responsibility and variety.

Well done APA, keep up the good work.