Sunday 27 November 2011

Nothing inspires like a great reception


When I recently walked into the reception area of the headquarters of one the world’s largest hotel-owning groups I was impressed by the friendly greeting, helpful assistance and immediate recognition of my existence (if only my name) that I received from the reception staff. I felt welcome and wanted; no bad way to be relaxed for a first and important meeting with the company. The environment was light, airy, busy yet both professional and comfortable. I felt compelled to mention this as I was received by my host and walked into the meeting room; equally present.

Perhaps I should no have been surprised (given the nature of their role) to read – on the wall behind the reception desk – a company mantra – which read: “Nothing inspires like a great reception”.

At last, I thought, someone who gets the point of a first impression, and the need for great receptionists!”

Gareth, APA
Well done IHG.

No comments: